Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy October!

Happy October all! Fall has officially begun and every day is starting to feel more and more like fall. The temperature in Baltimore has really dropped this weekend with temps in the low 50's


Right NowNext 36 Hours
CloudyTonightTomorrowTomorrow Night
ShowersAM ShowersShowers
CloudyShowersAM ShowersShowers
50°F47°55°46°
Feels Like: 48°


I am really excited to run in these cooler temps! There are so many other things I am looking, including drinking hot tea, taking warm baths, fall fashion, and eventually the holiday season. Christmas season is my favorite time of year, which includes the fall leading up to it. On days like today when it is cold and rainy there is nothing more I would rather do than curl in with a warm blanket and a mug of hot tea to read a good book. Add some cuddling with my boy and I couldn't be happier. 


On Tuesday I set out to do a long-ish run, but unfortunately I didn't make it very far. I was hoping for 9 miles but as soon as I hit mile 7 my knee decided that running another 2 miles really wasn't an option. I was pretty disappointed in my failed long run but I decided that I would rather not mess up my knee this close to my half marathon.


I am actually getting pretty nervous about running 13.1 miles in two weeks because my longest run to date has only been 7 miles. I have run 7 miles a few times and this distance is not a problem for me but I am really worried about running all 13.1 miles. The problem is that Baltimore is pretty hilly which flared up my knee and caused the return of the shin splints. 


Ultimately I think it is more important that I stay injury free than nail all of my long runs. Originally I was hoping to run 13.1 in close to 2:00 but that goal has completely gone out the window with how unprepared I am. As of right now I am planning on some kind of run/walk method to conquer all of the miles successfully. I am planning on doing 1-2 more long runs before October 15 so hopefully I will gain some more confidence going into it.

No comments :

Post a Comment