Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Benefits of Yoga

When I started school one of the first things I did was take advantage of the free yoga classes offered on campus. I had only done yoga a few times but really loved it. I was excited to find out that 6 classes were offered throughout the week and that I was able to attend 4 of them. With each yoga class I go to I fall even more in love with it.

I am a very energetic person and consequently I have a rather difficult slowing down and destressing. Yoga is perfect for me because it is a workout but so much more at the same time. I have met friends through going to yoga every week and have really started to embrace the yoga lifestyle. I have been trying to meditate for a few minutes every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to sleep.

Yoga has helped stretch out my tight runner's body and also increase my stability through balance poses. More importantly, yoga has been teaching me how to relax no matter how stressed out I am. I always leave class feeling so refreshed and ready to tackle anything.

Yoga is also a great way to get in a different type of workout that works muscles in my body that aren't normally worked. It is easy on my body and my body responds well to it because of that. My hips have never felt better and my abs are really tightening up, all thanks to yoga.

Do you guys do yoga? How often? Why do you like it?

1 comment :

  1. I have only tried yoga a few times and actually really liked it when I went...I just am terrible at sticking with it. i agree though about meditation. i am so much more focused and ready for the day when I am able to approach things mindfully! jealous of your free classes!

    ReplyDelete