Friday, October 14, 2011

Baltimore Running Festival: The Expo

Today I went to my first expo. It was insane but I loved every minute of it. I couldn't have been happier to pick up my bib and swag bag. I knew going into it that I wanted some official race gear but other than that I had no idea what I wanted to do while there.

My mom met me down at my apartment at around 11:15 and we left almost immediately to catch the 11:50 light rail into Baltimore. We arrived at the expo and I was able to pick up my bib and swag bag with no problem. I was so happy to see that it wasn't very crowded there. After picking everything up we decided to wander around to see what was there.

We walked around a few times since it wasn't crowded before I decided what I wanted to get. I got an Under Armour light weight long sleeved tech shirt with the Baltimore logos and info on it. I wanted to get the capris too but they only had extra small and extra large yet.

As we were walking around I found a stand selling car magnets. I have always told myself that I would buy a 13.1 car magnet when I finally ran a half marathon. So I got my magnet and can't help me get excited every time I look at my car.

I also decided to invest in a nice pair of sunglasses. I have tried a few pairs of cheap sunglasses from target but I have hated all of them. But I thought it was worth getting a nice pair that I could both run and bike with. I am honestly so happy I got them.

We didn't want to spend too much time there so after I got what I needed we decided to head out. Overall I would say that the expo was really well run and had some great vendors there. It really got me excited for what is to come tomorrow!

No comments :

Post a Comment