Friday, October 7, 2011

Do One Thing Every Day That Scares You

Ever since the summer I have been thinking a lot about making the most out of life and happiness. I started thinking about this topic even more after watching the season premier of Gossip Girl. Yes I watch this show, and yes I love it. Anyway, a main theme of the episode was saying yes. To everything. This means answering yes to any question asked to you.

I wanted to take this mentality and apply it toward to daily life. If any opportunity presents itself, why not say yes? It could end up being a disaster and something you might not want to do again, but it might be the best thing ever. You could discover something you are passionate about or land your dream job. And you never want to regret not knowing what could have happened.

Unfortunately for me, many of these opportunities also bring fear. I am afraid of making a fool or myself. Afraid of not fitting in. Afraid of many things that honestly aren't important. My goal for this semester is to say yes to every (or almost every) opportunity that arises. I don't want to regret anything.

Doing the things that scare us is what makes us stronger individuals. We will never know how capable we are of pushing ourselves if we only do those things that we are most comfortable doing. Facing our fears is something that most people don't do. They don't want to step outside their comfort zone.

Well I want to step outside my comfort zone. Way out of it. I want to do the things that scare me the most. Some of them may be silly things, such as going to haunted house, but that doesn't mean they aren't important. I want to look back on my time in college and remember how many things I tried, and enjoyed, because I wasn't held back by my fears

No comments :

Post a Comment