Thursday, October 20, 2011

Getting Back Out There

I have been resting the past few days after running a half marathon on Saturday but today I itching to get my sweat on. I woke up early before class this morning to do an Insanity recovery workout. My legs were burning by the end of the short 33 minute workout and were consequently shaking the entire day. It felt so good to workout again though.

When I got back from class I got dressed, laced up my sneakers, and headed out side for a short shakeout run. I only wanted to go two miles so my legs weren't completely shot. My legs felt surprisingly fresh and I was so happy to be running again.

Unfortunately, my stomach was not so happy that I was running. I only ran for about a mile and a half before calling it a day and walking the last half mile.

Despite my stomach I was very happy with how my legs, particularly my knees, were holding up. I was expecting to be pretty sore but everything (minus the stomach) felt great.

On another note, I don't think I am going to do the race this weekend. I don't want to push myself too hard right now and just focus on recovering. I know I would end up pushing it too hard and that is definitely something that I don't want to do right now.

No comments :

Post a Comment