Sunday, October 9, 2011

It's Race Week!

Today marks the first day of race week! In less than a week I will have completed my first half marathon. There are still some things that I need to get in order before the weekend rolls around though.

I still have to figure out my race outfit. The weather is supposed to be in the mid-60's and sunny but that could change by Saturday. As of right now I am planning on wearing shorts and a short-sleeved shirt but I have no idea what else I need. It is going to be chilly in the morning so I probably will need some warmer clothes to keep me from getting too cold.

I still have to talk to my parents and my boyfriend about our game plan for race day. My mom & boyfriend are only going to be there at the end of the race but my dad is going to be there the whole time. I want to find a great location for him to stand so I can see him when I need him most. We also need to figure out what time to get there. The marathon starts an hour before the half which means no parking.

On Friday I ventured out to find the nearest Safeway in hopes of buying some healthy eats. I bought bananas, peaces, lots of frozen fruit, almond milk and coconut milk, slices of cheddar cheese, and more! I am trying to get more calcium into my diet so I have been snacking on the cheese slices throughout the day. I am prepared to eat healthy this week and fuel properly.

My goal for this week is to enjoy this experience and learn as much as I can. I want to know what worked for me and what didn't. What I can improve upon. I don't want my nerves to get the best of me and ruin this race for me. I am going to stay confident and make the most of this week.

No comments :

Post a Comment