Wednesday, May 30, 2012

General Smallwood Training Week 9

It's been way too long since I last posted but life really caught up with me this past week. This ended up being a pretty low volume week but nevertheless it was still a good week of training.


Monday & Tuesday:
Monday and Tuesday were both rest days because of my terrible sunburn I got at my sister's graduation. I felt fine but my chest was so badly burned there was no way I could put a sports bra on. It was pretty frustrating to not be able to workout because of a sunburn but my skin is really sensitive and I knew there was no way I was doing any kind of movement with a tight top on.


Wednesday:
By Wednesday morning the sunburn was doing a little better so I was able to go to a 45 minute spin class. I have never done spinning before but I really enjoyed it. I liked being in a class with instruction. I will definitely be going to some more classes before my triathlon. I then came home and took my dog for a 2 mile walk with my sister.


Thursday:
Thursday evening I decided to head out for a easy run and I figured I would decide how far I was going to run based off of how I was feeling. Right from the beginning though I felt tired and sluggish. I convinced myself to do a 2 mile out and back for a 4 mile run. I thought my legs just needed some time to warm up but as the run went on I just felt worse and worse. It became a mental struggle just to finish it and I couldn't have been happier to be finished it.


Friday:
Friday evening I decided to try another run but this time I didn't bring my garmin so I couldn't see how slow I was going. I know I am not in the best running shape but it is still really frustrating seeing such slow numbers sometimes. I did the run with my dad and I felt much better than on Thursday. I wouldn't say it was a great run but it was still a solid 3 mile run.


Saturday:
Saturday was my sister's graduation party and consequently ended up being a rest day. I probably could have tried to squeeze in a workout but I was content just spending the day relaxing by the pool with family and friends.


Sunday:
I went for my first ride outdoors with my clip-in bike shoes! I was so scared about falling but I went with my dad and had no trouble at all. Unfortunately we got stuck in a pretty bad storm and had to cut the ride short at only about 7 miles. By the time we got back to the car we were both soaked and covered in dirt but it was a nice little adventure.


Weekly Totals
  • Swimming
  • Biking: 1 hour 15 min
  • Running: 7 miles
  • Walking: 2 miles
  • Total Hours: 3 hours 1 min
Thoughts
I wasn't able to swim at all this week because of my sunburn but there wasn't really anything I could do about it. All in all it was a pretty stressful week so I'm just glad I got in what I did. I am starting to see improvement on the bike, which is good because I am a rather poor cyclist. I am excited to be home for the summer though and able to train at all of my favorite spots.

No comments :

Post a Comment