Tuesday, June 5, 2012

General Smallwood Training Week 10

Monday was my last day of pet sitting and so I had to stay at the house all day until the family came home. Once I was done it was storming and I was in no mood to do another workout in a storm so I just called it a rest day.

Tuesday morning I went for my longest bike ride yet, 20 miles. I fell the first time I tried to clip in but I only scratched my hand. After that the ride went really well. For the first half I stayed in a lower gear and kept my cadence up and ended up maintaining a pretty low pace. But then on the second half I bumped things up and felt like I was flying. My legs got tired with only a couple miles to go but I was still able to keep the pace up. I took a strawberry banana GU around the half way mark and actually kind of liked it. I tasted like mashed up bananas and went down really easily.

Wednesday I was up at some early hour to finish my schoolwork on time. I didn't get to bed until pretty late on Tuesday and just didn't want to do anything on Wednesday. So I didn't. I took a rest day and caught up on some much needed sleep.

I was feeling incredibly tired and dizzy all Thursday. I was hoping to get in a run but could not muster up the energy to do anything but a 1.86 mile walk with my mom. Something is better than nothing right?

I finally got to the pool on Friday! I hadn't gone for any swims since I had gotten home and I was dying to jump into the pool. Unfortunately, the pool was 86 degrees. I have swum in water this warm before so I knew it wasn't a problem but I prefer the pool to be closer to 80 degrees. I got in the pool, did my workout  and got back out as quickly as I could for a total of 1,600 yards. At night my dad and I took the dog for a 2 mile walk.

Saturday morning I set out to do a long bike ride. I went with my dad and left around 11 in the morning. I packed some nuun and a honey stinger waffle for the ride and set off. It was pretty cool and windy during the ride and my hands were more or less numb the entire time. I would have liked to push the pace a bit more but I didn't want to leave my dad behind so I just held back. In total we rode about 23 miles.

Sunday evening I went for a run with my boyfriend for the first time. He is a lot faster than me so I was worried that I was going to have to sprint the whole run but he hung back to run with me. I haven't been doing too much running so holding a 9:27 pace for four miles was pretty tough but not as bad as I would have expected.

Weekly Totals
  • Swimming: 1,600 yards
  • Biking: 43 miles
  • Running: 4 miles
  • Walking: 3.86
  • Total Hours: 5 hours 27 min

No comments :

Post a Comment