Sunday, May 20, 2012

General Smallwood Training Week 8

Monday:
I woke up Monday morning and wanted nothing more than to go back to sleep but I somehow convinced myself to do a 30 minute recovery ride on the trainer. My legs were moving pretty slowly but I felt much better after the ride. I spent most of the afternoon studying and was in need of a break. In the evening I did Insanity Pure Cardio and even though I had to modify a few moves I finished strong and dripping with sweat.


Tuesday:
I woke up early for another morning trainer ride. I wasn't sure how long I was going to ride for but ended up getting in a 35 minute ride. I had wanted to ride a little longer but my legs were still really tired. I finished out the day with Insanity Plyo Circuit. I'm not sure if the Insanity workouts are getting any easier but I am definitely becoming more mentally prepared for them. I'm starting to know what to expect and figure out when to push myself the most during the workout.


Wednesday:
Wednesday was my day to sleep in and boy did I enjoy it I woke up feeling rested and eager for that night's workout. Feeling refreshed after sleeping in, I went for a 3.5 mile run just as the sun was setting. It was gorgeous out and for some reason this run was just amazing. I started the run off at a super slow pace so I wouldn't burn out again. Then I picked up the pace for the third mile and finished it in 8:39. It was hard but a comfortable hard. This run reminded me why I love running and left me excited to train for the NYCM this summer.


Thursday:
Thursday was an unplanned rest day due to studying for finals and finishing a paper I had to write. It was the only day I would have been able to swim since the pool had irregular hours but I knew studying was more important. I was frustrated all day that I wasn't able to fit in a workout, which means I must have finally caught the training bug!


Friday:
Friday I only did a 3 mile walk. I had a final Friday morning and then had to pack up my apartment and drive home to my parent's house where I will be staying over the summer. My bike hasn't been unpacked yet and I was just too exhausted to try to do anything productive. I was happy to get back in the habit of taking my dog for evening walks though.


Saturday:
Saturday was another walk day. I spent most of the day unpacking and cleaning, and getting things ready for my sister's graduation on Sunday. I could have gone for a run or done Insanity but I was lazy and only did a 2 mile walk.


Sunday:
Sunday was my sister's graduation and my scheduled rest day. It was a crazy day and I ended up getting pretty badly sunburned. I was going to go for an evening walk but my skin feels like it is on fire whenever I move so I opted to just stay as still as possible.


Weekly Totals
  • Swimming: 0
  • Biking: 65 min
  • Running: 3.5 miles
  • Walking: 5 miles
  • Insanity: 75 min
  • Total Hours: 4 hours 11 min
Thoughts
This was an extremely chaotic week and I knew going into it that I was just going to have to do what I could. The beginning of the week saw some great workouts luckily. I am most frustrated over not getting to swim at all but unfortunately my finals were scheduled during the two hours the pool was open every day. Next week is also going to be a little chaotic because I am pet sitting for family friends all week. I am excited to get some work but I will be staying at their house with the pets and am not sure how much time I will have a sneak away for a workout. I also start my summer classes next week and have my sister's graduation party next weekend. I just need to get through this next week and then I can really start bumping training up!

No comments :

Post a Comment