Tuesday, May 15, 2012

One Day At a Time

Over the past few weeks I have been very stressed and not feeling so hot. With the end of the semester right around the corner I have been swamped with papers, tests, and just wrapping things up for classes. Some days I have as much time as I want for a workout while other days I can't find a minute to do anything that isn't related to school. This leads to endless frustration for me. I can be a perfectionist and when part of a week gets derailed I end up bagging the rest of the week too.

Lately, though, I have been trying to focus more on focusing on each individual day. Every day is a new one and should be treated as such. My new philosophy is to wake up and be the best that I can be. Since changing my mindset I have had some amazing workouts. No, I didn't do all of the workouts on my schedule but I made the ones I did do count. And I feel happier too. I am not adding even more stress to my life by worrying about what I could have done. Instead I am focusing on what I can still do.

I am also trying to apply this philosophy to other aspects of my life. I have a lot of things to keep up with right now and sometimes I just don't enough time to do everything. Some days I don't get around to cleaning my apartment or doing all of my homework. But there is always another day.

This philosophy has also allowed me to choose whichever workout I want to do each day. I do have to be relatively cautious with planning since the pool is only on certain days but in general I am free to choose. I love going out for a run because I want to, not because it is written on some kind of schedule.

No comments :

Post a Comment