Sunday, May 6, 2012

General Smallwood Training Week 6

Along with week 5, week 6 was not my best training week. The stress of finals really got to me but I still managed to get in some good workouts.


Monday:
Monday was part of my self sabotage mission. I don't think I did anything productive on Monday, making it a rest day.


Tuesday:
Tuesday morning I woke up determined to make this a great week of training after all. I did a 30 minute trainer ride to kick off my day, and finished up with Insanity Max Recovery in the afternoon.


Wednesday:
Wednesday ended up being another rest day but only because my stomach was in a world of hurt. I think it is stress but my stomach has been hurting pretty badly almost every time I eat.


Thursday:
On Thursday I decided to end my running hiatus. The plan was to do three miles nice and easy, but my stomach didn't want to run. I ended up doing a three mile run/walk loop around campus.


Friday:
On Friday I did another three miles running and walking. I fell and twisted my knee during Thursday's outing and I was feeling a little pain on Friday so I didn't want to push it.


Saturday:
Despite the rain outside preventing me from swimming, I still managed to squeeze in a twenty minute trainer ride followed immediately by Insanity Core Cardio & Balance. This was the best workout I had all week and really left me ready to take on Sunday's workout.


Sunday:
Another unwanted rest day due to stomach troubles. Definitely bummed but I wasn't going to chance heading out with an iffy stomach.


Weekly Totals
  • Swimming: 0 
  • Biking: 50 minutes
  • Running: 6 miles
  • Insanity: 70 minutes
  • Total hours: 3 hours 23 minutes
Thoughts
I started the week off in a bad place. I was mad at myself and skipped workouts because I felt helpless. Based on how the week started off though I am pretty happy with the workouts I did Thursday through Saturday. Even though it wasn't the best of weeks I am motivated and ready to take on the next week. 

1 comment :

  1. this is a new week! definitely be proud in the fact that you did what you could last week! good luck in the week ahead:)

    ReplyDelete