Sunday, May 13, 2012

General Smallwood Training Week 7

Monday:
I woke up ready for a short trainer ride but as soon as I started pedaling I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. My legs felt stiff, sore, and tired. I'm not exactly sure what from, but after about three minutes on the bike I hopped off and did a 20 minute yoga dvd to loosen things up some. I even spent some quality time with my foam roller afterwards. During my lunch break I hit the pool for a 2,000 meter swim. This swim went much better then last time and left me feeling confident and ready for more.


Tuesday:
Tuesday morning I slept in and enjoyed every minute of it. After class I came back to my apartment and did an Insanity workout. I did plyo cardio circuit, which is one of my favorite of the Insanity workouts. By the end of the workout I was drenched in sweat. I was pleasantly surprised with how my body handled this workout, which means I must be making progress.


Wednesday:
Wednesday morning I woke up early and did a 45 minute trainer interval ride. At the beginning of the ride my legs felt pretty crappy but they soon warmed up and were ready to get to work. Then it was back to the pool during my lunch break for another 2,000 meter swim. This was another great swim and by the end my arms were burning.


Thursday:
I was hoping to get in a workout Thursday morning since my afternoon was all booked with end of the semester schoolwork but I hardly slept all night and just did not have the energy to squeeze in a workout. After trying very hard to find a way to fit a workout in I just accepted and enjoyed my unplanned rest day. In the end it was just what my body needed.


Friday:
Friday ended up being another rest day because my stomach was not cooperating again. I was planning on getting a swim in but the pool was closed due to a swim meet. In the end, the extra rest really helped my body and mind recover.


Saturday:
I spent the majority of Saturday studying for finals but managed to squeeze in a short brick at the end of the day. I did a hard 30 minute trainer ride followed by an easy 3 mile transition run. The run was not my best but I know it will take a little for me to get back into it. I started the run off feeling great but then died big time. I almost switched to walking but pushed through and finished the run.


Sunday:
Sunday was just not a good day. I passed out in my kitchen and spent the rest of the day laying on the couch dizzy. As much as I wanted to get in a workout I knew it was absolutely not worth it. My safety and well being come first, which means Sunday was another rest day.


Weekly totals
  • Swimming: 4,000 meters
  • Biking: 1 hour 15 min
  • Running: 3 miles
  • Other: 20 min yoga, 40 min Insanity
  • Total hours: 4 hours 20 min
Thoughts
I have been mentioning that I have had a fair amount of unscheduled rest days lately that are due to my stomach bothering me. This past week I was pretty dizzy as well and just overall felt pretty crappy. I'm sure some of this is due to the stress of finals but I do have the feeling that something is actually wrong. I already have an appointment to go to the doctor after finals are over so I can make sure that everything is okay. The beginning of the week was pretty solid though and I am still happy with how this week turned out.

1 comment :

  1. sometimes it is ok to rest and is actually better for you. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete