Friday, April 8, 2011

New Training Plan

I am training to run my first race of 2011 and my first running race in three years: the Dillsburg Pickle Chase. It is only a 5K but I want to get myself into running and not just hoping for the best. I want to feel prepared for this race. I was previously following the Hal Hidgon training plan for novices but I didn't like it very much and was having a hard time staying with it so I decided to switch to the couch to 5K program. I missed the first four weeks of the training plan so I am just going to start with the last five weeks and hope it works.

This is what it looks like:

April 10-16
Monday                 5 min walk, 1/2 mile run, ¼ mile walk, ½ mile run, ¼ mile walk, ½ mile run
Wednesday           5 min walk, ¾ mile run, ½ mile walk, ¾ mile run
Friday                     5 min walk, 2 mile run

April 17-23
Monday                 5 min walk, ½ mile run, ¼ mile walk, ¾ mile run, ¼ mile walk, ½ mile run
Wednesday           5 min walk, 1 mile run, ¼ mile walk, 1 mile run
Friday                     5 min walk, 2.25 mile run

April 24-30
Monday                 5 min walk, 2.5 mile run
Wednesday           5 min walk, 2.5 mile run
Friday                     5 min walk, 2.5 mile run

May 1-7
Monday                 5 min walk, 2.75 mile run
Wednesday           5 min walk, 2.75 mile run
Friday                     5 min walk, 2.75 mile run

May 8-14
Sunday                   5 min walk, 3 mile run
Tuesday                 5 min walk, 3 mile run
Thursday                5 min walk, 3 mile run

I am excited to be training for something, although I wish I was still able to swim competitively. I still hope to be able to run a half marathon in the fall and then a marathon sometime in 2012

No comments :

Post a Comment