Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 1

Today begins my 8 week training program for the 5K I am going to run in May. Now I know a 5K is nothing special but I wanted to start off my picking the shortest distance and one that I know I am capable of running. From what I am seeing, tomorrow is supposed to be pretty rainy, as well as the rest of the week, so it will be a huge challenge for me to get my booty outside and actually get my running in. But I am determined to stick to my plan, because I am also using this time to lose some extra pounds that I have gained this past fall in Pittsburgh. I would love to go to my cousin's wedding and look fit and fabulous.


So tomorrow I have to run a short 1.75 miles. Since this is my first time training I have absolutely no idea what my pace should be so I am just going to start running and see what happens. I am planning on doing my run before physical therapy tomorrow since I have an International Business test to take tomorrow too. And since I am not running too far I am going to get a solid boxing workout in as well. I find that boxing is a great way to relieve some stress as well as a great way to get some cardio in and tone my arms.

Gracie butting in line at the dog park
 
If it isn't raining tomorrow I am going to walk Gracie to the dog park, which she absolutely loves. I hope tomorrow isn't a complete washout, but if it is is will be a perfect day to watch a Pretty Little Liars marathon :)

No comments :

Post a Comment