Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Year In Review

2011 has been a huge year for me. It was a year of change and experiencing new things.

I opted to stay home for my spring semester of freshmen year in order to have surgery to remove an extra rib.

I found out that my dad had been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

I came to the realization that my swimming career was over.

I started training for and ran my first 5K in May.

I received the good news that my dad was cancer free.

I signed up to run a half marathon.

I tried open water swimming for the first time while at the beach with my family.

I started my first semester at a new school.

I ran my first half marathon and finally felt like I was a runner.

I studied my butt off and did really well in school.

I celebrated the New York City Marathon.

I ran a Thanksgiving 5K with my boyfriend, my dad, and two of my cousins.

I survived finals.

And I celebrated the holiday season with family and friends.

I can honestly say that 2011 was not one of my best years. I really struggled emotionally but I also went through a lot of unwanted change. Now that I am all settled in I am ready to have an amazing 2012!

1 comment :

  1. wow thats a whole lot of feats.

    I can definitely identify with you on some of them!

    Survived the Finals!! XD

    ReplyDelete