Monday, December 19, 2011

Rock N' Roll USA Half Marathon Training

Today officially kicks off training for the Rock N' Roll USA Half Marathon, otherwise known as the National Half Marathon. This will be my second half marathon and I am hoping training goes much better than last time.

When training for the Baltimore Half Marathon I moved to Baltimore and started going to a new college. Subsequently, training really took the back seat as I was getting settled into my new surroundings.

I knew it was going to be really difficult to get in quality runs while trying to study for finals so I decided to start training after finals were done and I was home for the holiday break. I don't go back to school until the end of January so I will have already established a solid base before heading back to school.

And going back to school this time will not be a significant as it was in August. I already have a few running routes mapped out and I know when I am most likely to actually get my runs in.

I am really excited to start training again. I loved running the Baltimore Half and I know I can absolutely crush that time and have just as much fun with some real training.

2 comments :

  1. This is so exciting! I have been thinking I have plenty of time to chill before I train and just last week I studied a calendar and realized it's only like 12 weeks away!! Glad you have your act together more than I do haha. CAnt wait to read about your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! My training officially kicked off yesterday - but it's still in the really short run phase so it's just what I was running on my own.

    ReplyDelete