Friday, July 1, 2011

July Goals

I had made a list of goals that I wanted to achieve in May and then I completely forgot about them and didn't meet any of them. I decided to not bother making any goals for June since May was so unsuccessful. But with the start of July here I want to say my July goals out loud and hold myself accountable to them.

1. Finish reading Run Faster from the 5K to the Marathon: How to Be Your Own Best Coach by Brad Hudson and Matt Fitzgerald.



I just started reading this book and I think it is going to be incredibly valuable to my training for the triathlon and half marathon. I also want to take a lot of what I learn from this book and apply it to my everyday training. I am a new runner and can learn so much from this book.


2. Bike 150 miles
I really want to amp up my biking because it is definitely the weakest leg of my triathlon. I want to try biking in new places and maybe find some people to go biking with me. This is a lot higher mileage than I am used to but I think it will really kick start my training.


3. Run 50 miles
This is also a big jump from last month but I am starting half marathon training so I want to hold myself accountable and really stick to my training plan. I want to especially focus on my long runs, because they are the most important.


4. Swim 15,000 yards
I want to add more swimming to my triathlon training. Swimming is my strongest leg so I want to make sure that I really take advantage of that. I would hate to get to a triathlon and not do well in the swimming simply because I thought I didn't need to train.


5. Lose 5 pounds
I have been struggling with my weight for awhile now and what better time to start losing weight than now?! I don't need to lose a tremendous amount of weight but 5 lbs will definitely kick me into motion and get me on the right track.


6. Complete Kari's Virtual 1 Miler
This is an awesome race! Go check out Kari's blog for more information!

7. Ride triathlon bike course
I ended up not doing a triathlon a couple weeks ago because I didn't how hilly the course was, and I was not at all prepared. I want to go into this triathlon with confidence and know that I am capable of kicking ass on the bike.


8. Complete first open water swim
Even though swimming is my strongest leg, I have never done any kind of open water swimming. I have heard some horror stories about people freaking out when they get into the water for the first time and I definitely don't want that happening on race day.

2 comments :

  1. Awesome! Good luck on these goals! I really want to read that book as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great goals. I need to up my mileage too!

    ReplyDelete