Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sleep, Sleep, Sleep

This has been such a rough week but thankfully all of my exams are finally over. I had my last two exams this morning and of course they were my two hardest ones also. I was up late last night and up early this morning studying so all I wanted to do when I came home was crash on the couch and take a nap.

Before I took my nap (which I did take!) I wanted to do some cleaning and get in a quick run. I knew if I was going to get anything productive done this afternoon it had to be done as soon as I got home.

After I finished cleaning I set out for a 2 mile super easy run. I wanted to do something short to loosen up my legs and that didn't require much effort or energy. The run felt pretty good and there were even times when my legs wanted to pick up the pace but I resisted. I want to save allll of my energy for the big day.


After my run I was planning on spending the afternoon relaxing and getting things ready for race day. Instead I ended up just falling asleep after taking a shower. I was pretty frustrated about sleeping all evening but I clearly needed to catch up on all of the sleep that I lost throughout the week.

The plan for the rest of the night is to just chill and go to sleep early. My nap earlier gave me a nice taste of sleep and now I can't wait for more. I have an early morning of classes tomorrow so getting to bed early tonight is crucial.

On tap for tomorrow:
-trekking into DC for the expo
-carb loading
-hydration, hydration, hydration
-foam rolling
-stretching
-laying everything out for race day

No comments :

Post a Comment