Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Healthy Diet & Yoga

I'm not really sure why, but I have had so much energy this week. I have also been in a great mood all week. I'm going to credit both of these things to eating healthier. I have been trying to pay more attention to what I eat and when I eat it. And I think it is really paying off.

My kitchen is full of all sorts of veggies and other healthy foods. I have been making sure to eat three balanced meals a day plus a few snacks to hold me over. I have also been drinking a ton of water. Being fueled properly feels pretty amazing!

After Tuesday's break through run I decided to make Wednesday a rest day. My legs were pretty tired and I didn't want to push them too hard considering I'm running my spring half marathon next weekend (eek!). With the beautiful weather we have been having plus not running yesterday I was itching to go for a run all day today. Even though I would have liked to spend more time outside enjoying the weather, I did two shakeout miles. My legs felt terribly slow and heavy during the first mile and loosened up during the second mile. I was loving every minute of this super easy run.

I made it back to my apartment with just enough time to grab a snack before going to free yoga at my school. Normally Thursday night yoga is Pilates based and taught by a student but today it was P90X yoga. I have never done P90X yoga but boy was I excited to try it.

I was pretty nervous to hear that it was 90 minutes long, but ready to stretch out these tight legs of mine. I really enjoyed the video although a lot of the moves were pretty repetitive. By the end of the 90 minutes my whole body felt so relaxed. I am hoping to go to yoga twice next week before race day so my legs are refreshed and ready to run.

What are your weekend plans? Any races this weekend?

No comments :

Post a Comment