Monday, June 18, 2012

General Smallwood Training Week 12

I'm still trying to catch up on my weekly recaps, luckily week 12 is only a day late. This week wasn't incredibly exciting but there were still some good workouts thrown in the mix.


Monday:
I honestly can't remember what I was doing on Monday but all I managed to do was a 2 mile walk. I really need to do a better job paying attention!


Tuesday:
Tuesday I wasn't feeling well and decided to take a rest day. I probably should have tried to push through and at least get a swim in though.


Wednesday:
I started Wednesday off with an 18 mile bike ride where I played with my speed. I did 60-120 second sprints where I averaged 17-18 mph. Now that I am getting more comfortable and confident on the bike I want to start working on increasing my speed. I rounded out the day with some strength work, followed by stretching and foam rolling.


Thursday:
I went for a run for the first time in over a week on Thursday morning but unfortunately this run was terrible. It was one of those runs that left me saying I hated running and should not have signed up to run a marathon. I did 3 slow hot miles. I quickly got rid of my grumpy mood when I hit the pool for 2,600 yards of pure joy. I did butterfly and drills and all of my favorite swimming things.


Friday:
I decided I wanted to try another run on Friday in hopes that I would have more success this time around. I went for an evening run instead of a morning run and ended up doing a 5K for time. I will write a separate post for this run but I can tell you it was nothing short of amazing. As soon as I was done my run I took my puppy for a 2 mile walk, which turned out to be a wonderful cool down.


Saturday:
I was supposed to go for a 25-30 mile bike ride with my boyfriend but he ended up forgetting most of his cycling gear at his house after he was almost attacked by a bear! Needless to say we were unable to go for our ride and Saturday ended up being a rest day.


Sunday:
Since Sunday was Father's Day my family just hung out by the pool together. We then took the dog for a 2 mile walk before bed.


Weekly Totals
  • Swimming: 2,600 yards
  • Biking: 18 miles
  • Running: 6.1 miles
  • Walking: 6 miles
  • Total Hours: 5 hours 17 min

No comments :

Post a Comment