Monday, June 18, 2012

General Smallwood Training Week 11

I have been really busy since I have come home and consequently blogging has taken a backseat to all of the many things on my to-do list. I was so busy last week that I forgot to recap my training! I know I'm a little late but I still want to recap my training so here is a very late week 11 recap.

Monday: 
I spent Monday with my boyfriend who had just come home from doing a century ride. I wasn't expecting to see him so I ended up missing my planned workout. I did manage to squeeze in a two mile walk though.


Tuesday:
Tuesday I was crazy busy and was only able to get in a two mile walk. These walks aren't anything strenuous and hardly count as training but they are better than nothing.


Wednesday:
I spent National Running Day out on the trails at a beautiful lake near my house. It was a gorgeous day but pretty hot outside so I kept the run short at 2.5 miles. At night I went to the gym with my boyfriend and did a  60 min strength workout.


Thursday:
I was pretty sore from going to the gym so I thought it was the perfect day to swim. I did a quick 1800 yard swim and really worked on my speed.


Friday:
42 miles on the bike for a new PDR (personal distance record)! You can read my recap of the ride here. I also took my puppy for a two mile walk in the evening.


Saturday & Sunday: 
The weekend was filled with a lot of schoolwork and other obligations. Not ideal but both days ended up being rest days.


Weekly Totals

  • Swimming: 1,800 yards
  • Biking: 42 miles
  • Running: 2.5 miles
  • Walking: 6 miles
  • Total Hours: 6 hours 31 min



No comments :

Post a Comment