Sunday, April 22, 2012

Triathlon Training Week 4

There isn't anything too fabulous about this week but here we go:


Monday:
Since Monday's high was 90 degrees I decided biking inside in the air conditioning was the way to go. I did my longest ride on the trainer so far: 60 minutes! My rides have been getting significantly better, although I can't measure speed. They are definitely feeling easier though. My hip flexors were a little tight throughout the day so I stretched and iced after my ride.


Tuesday: 
I ended up skipping my planned morning run in favor of some much needed sleep. My apartment has air conditioning but it was still almost 80 degrees inside which made sleeping nearly impossible for me. I was finally able to sleep in the morning so I went with it. I did a hard 30 minute trainer ride in the afternoon though. I was shocked at how quickly the time flew by.


Wednesday:
I took a much needed rest day on Wednesday since my left leg/hip was really wonky. It was incredibly nice to do nothing all afternoon and just hang out on the couch.


Thursday:
Thursday was another rest day, as I had decided to make week four a recovery week. By late Thursday I was really itching to get a workout in though, which made me excited for the next week's training.


Friday:
I finally swam! I did my first swim of triathlon training and realized that I am much more out of shape than I thought. It was still a really nice swim that left me wanting more though. I focused mainly on pulling drills and kicking and ended up with 1,800 meters for the day.


Saturday:
Friday night my boyfriend and I went camping with some friends and were planning on going hiking on Saturday but our plans got derailed by a full day of heavy rain.


Sunday:
Sunday completed my super rest week. I spent the majority of the day in bed sleeping and relaxing with the boyfriend. I really should have done something on Sunday but sometimes you just need to be lazy all day and do nothing.


Weekly Totals
  • Swimming: 1,800 yards
  • Biking: 1 hour 30 min
  • Running: 0 miles
  • Total hours: 2 hours 15 min
Thoughts
This week consisted of a lot more rest than I had anticipated but I'm not too worked up over it. My body feels completely recovered and I have no lingering soreness anymore. I am really glad I took this rest week and now I am looking forward to three more weeks of hard training.

No comments :

Post a Comment