Monday, April 9, 2012

Triathlon Training Week 2

Week 2 didn't go as well as week 1 but there were a few highlights:


Monday:
I'm not sure what was going on but my stomach was a mess all day. I would try to eat but then just feel nasty afterwards. I was going to try to get in a ride on the trainer but I decided no just make Monday a rest day in hopes of feeling better for the rest of the week.


Tuesday:
Since Monday was a rest day I started off the week with a 30 minute hard ride on the trainer. I put on Biggest Loser and I must have been motivated by their trip to the White House to visit Michelle Obama because I was feeling great! I still haven't figured out how to set up my bike computer so I have no idea what my pace was but I felt so much better than my last ride.


Wednesday:
Started the day off with my longest morning run to date: 4 miles! I was still a little sleepy but felt pretty good. Right now I am working on building up my endurance so I'm not worrying so much about my pace. I am really starting to enjoy these morning runs too! I finished off the day with a 30 min easy trainer ride. My legs were a little tired but started to loosen up during the ride. Followed up the ride with some foam rolling, which felt so good!


Thursday:
I was planning on doing another trainer ride on Thursday but I when I woke up my stomach was pretty sick so it ended up being another rest day. I actually didn't even go to class and just slept all day on the couch. Hopefully my stomach calms down soon and everything goes back to normal.


Friday:
I was hoping to get in a morning workout before heading home for Easter but my body just wanted to sleep. I think I am fighting some sort of stomach bug because food isn't settling with me well and I am always tired. Anyways, I listened to my body and slept in. I did go for a two mile walk with my dad and my puppy once I was home though.


Saturday:
After 11 glorious hours of sleep I headed out to the trail near my parents house for an easy four mile run before meeting my dad for another three miles. I ended up with seven miles for the day, which I am very pleased with. I took it easy and felt pretty good the whole time. This was also the longest run since my half in March.


Sunday:
Sunday was my scheduled rest day and between celebrating Easter with my family and going back to school I didn't have any time to get in a workout.


Weekly Totals

  • Swimming:
  • Biking: 60 minutes
  • Running: 11 miles
  • Other: 2 mile walk
  • Total Hours: 3 hours 30 min
Thoughts
Week two was pretty rough overall but I still managed to get in a few good workouts. I'm really happy that I  ran seven miles on Saturday and that I felt so good doing so. I definitely had more rest days that planned but I knew resting was best. I didn't do so great with my nutrition with all of the Easter goodies but I did have a fantastic Easter dinner. I thought my upset stomach last week was due to poor food choices but now I think I may have been fighting a small stomach bug. I was really tired all week too, so I think multiple rest days were necessary.

No comments :

Post a Comment