Monday, November 21, 2011

Home for the Holidays

Tomorrow is my last day of classes before I get to go home for Thanksgiving break and I couldn't be more excited. I have some really awesome plans for while I am home and can't wait to kick back and relax with my family and friends.

The plan is to get in a four mile run today, work on packing up, and have a nice night with the boyfriend, and then finish packing tomorrow morning before class. I am hoping to just leave straight from class to beat some of the terrible rush hour traffic that plagues I-695.

One of the reasons I am so excited about turkey day this year is that I am running a turkey trot. I have run this race before and absolutely love it. It is the perfect hometown race with tons of energy and fast running.

Yes, they really ran like that. Yes, that is a real live turkey.

I am particularly excited to be running this race because it will be my boyfriends first race! I am so excited to share with him the excitement of race day and how much fun racing can be. Plus my dad, and my cousin and his wife are running the race too.

Thanksgiving will be spent primarily at my boyfriends house, which has become one of my favorite Thanksgiving traditions. His family always has a bunch of people over, which means a lot of food.

An Friday night will be spent with friends from high school that I haven't seen since the summer. I am so excited to see them because we really dont' see each other enough.

Junior year of high school, oh yeah!

And lastly, once this not long enough break is over there will only be three and a half weeks left until Christmas break! I can't express enough how much I am looking forward to this semester being over.

2 comments :

  1. Yay for the turkey trot and for catching up with friends and family!! Thanksgiving is the best holiday! I am running my first thanksgiving race this year and can't wait- I don't think I'll be dressing up though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the race seriously sounds like it will be a blast! hope you have a lovely break! and know that the end of the semester is SO close!!

    ReplyDelete