Tuesday, November 8, 2011

RIP, Toenail

Today is a very sad day for me. I lost one of my own, my toenail. I actually still have a tiny bit left but the majority of it fell off today.

Ever since my half marathon I had been having trouble with this particular toenail. It wasn't bothering me at all during the race but afterwards a man stepped on my foot causing all sorts of terrible pain in my toes.

For the first week or two after the race my toe really hurt but everything looked fine so I continued running. And when the pain stopped I figured my toe was all better.

WRONG! About two weeks ago I noticed that this toenail had turned a purple/black color. Instantly thoughts of losing my toenail flooded my mind. I was terrified about what would happen, but ultimately glad that at least it is closed-toe-shoe season.

Some days were better than others for my beloved toenail, but unfortunately today it bit the dust. On the bright side I feel like a real runner now.

I am going to look into buying some larger shoes so this doesn't happen again, and I am hoping it doesn't take too long for it to grow back.

RIP toenail, you will be missed.

1 comment :

  1. awww. this post made me smile. it took me forever to lose a toenail. now i feel like i cant keep them around. but like you said...at least i wont be showing off my toes anytime soon ;)

    ReplyDelete