Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It's Not Too Early for to Celebrate Christmas, Right?

The Christmas season is my favorite time of year. I love everything about Christmas and am always so excited to start the celebrations.

I am always so tempted to start celebrating Christmas as early as the department stores but I realize that is a tad over the top. I try to wait until after Thanksgiving to start celebrating Christmas so I don't seem like so much of a crazy person.

I got wind that Elf was on Saturday night but (un)luckily I had somewhere to be so I couldn't watch it. I guess I should mention somewhere here that Elf is my absolute favorite Christmas movie. I watch it at least twenty times a season and would watch it more if possible.

Once I watch Elf it means that the Christmas season has officially begun for me. I was super bummed that I couldn't watch Elf but I figured it was best that I didn't get all Christmasy yet.

But then something happened...

I was trying to study for my Russian test and decided to put on the tv to distract me a little. And then I saw it.
Elf was on TV! I watched about five minutes of it and then realized I really needed to study for my test.

I am getting really excited about Christmas coming up though. I go home for Thanksgiving on Tuesday and am running a turkey trot on Thanksgiving morning with my dad, my cousin & his wife (who both just ran the NYCM), and my boyfriend.

I am also getting pretty excited about the end of the semester nearing. I love school but I could really use a break right now.

So come next Thursday, I am going to officially start celebrating Christmas. I am thinking about even putting up a mini tree in my apartment.

Do you love the holiday season as much as me, or am I the oddball here?

1 comment :

  1. ahhhh!!! i got excited about Christmas just reading this post. it is also my favorite time of year. i just love all the joy and spending time with my fam. and candy. and movies. and food. and everything! yayyyy!

    ReplyDelete