Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Training Plans

Next week officially marks the first week of training for both the Keystone State Sprint Triathlon and the Baltimore Half Marathon. I have been working on creating my training plans for awhile now since I need to get running distance for the HM, and biking and swimming work for the triathlon. There are a lot of things I want to incorporate into my training and figuring out when to do everything was pretty stressful. I knew immediately that I wanted to make Saturday my rest day because Callen usually stays over on Friday nights and I didn't want to take away from our time together. I then decided on which types of workouts I wanted to incorporate into training: one long run, one moderate run, one hill/speed work run, 2 days of Insanity, one long bike ride, one moderate ride, one hilly ride, 3 days of strength training, and 3 swims. I decided to lump my strength workouts and swims together since swimming doesn't take too much out of me and I will already be at the gym. Here is what I have come up with so far:

Sunday: Hilly bike + Insanity
Monday: Easy run + Swim + Strength
Tuesday: Long bike + Swim + Strength
Wednesday: Hilly run + Insanity
Thursday: Easy bike + Swim + Strength
Friday: Long run + Insanity
Saturday: Rest

Besides just training for both of these races, I want to become fully committed to doing everything I can to getting in shape and preparing for them. This includes eating the right foods, drinking enough water, getting enough sleep, and working on my mental toughness. Since I went to college last fall I gained 15 pounds, of course, and really want to take them back off plus some by October. I feel so much better when I am lighter, but above all being healthy is the most important thing for me. I will be writing weekly recaps of my training and providing updates on my weight loss. So stay tuned!

No comments :

Post a Comment