Friday, June 24, 2011

Race Goals

Even though I wasn't originally planning on running a 5K this weekend I still want to have some goals for myself. I didn't necessarily train for this race so they won't be anything too special but enough to keep me motivated. I decided to make both time-related goals and goals non-time-related goals. I can run and hard as I want and still not achieve my goals if it is an off day or something so I think having goals that aren't based on times are very important. So first are my time-related goals:

A     Sub 27:00 (8:42)
B     Sub 28:00 (9:01)
C     Sub 29:00 (9:21)
D     Sub 30:00 (9:40)

I am very confident that I can PR at this race so my A & B goals are big PR's. I want to challenge myself in this race and not hold back. While I am not sure about my A & B goals, I know I will achieve my C & D goals. I do not have a specific time that I want to go, but I know that I want to PR in a big way. I guess that it one of the bonuses of only running one 5K so far. On to my other goals..

A     No walking
B     Finish with a smile
C     Have fun
D     Negative splits
E     Stretch after
F     Warm up before
G     Dominate the hills

I think having these goals will help me PR this race as well as enable me to have a great time out there. It is a big race and I am hoping that the atmosphere will really help my running. I believe that each one of these goals is very attainable so despite my time I will be still achieving something. I'll report back on Sunday with a full race recap and an update on how my goals played out. Have a great weekend!

2 comments :

  1. Awesome goals!! I am totally pulling for you to get that PR! woo hoo! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your outlook on racing... you will do great this weekend! give it your all and have fun and that is all you can ask of yourself. ill be thinking of you! im doing my first tri this august- im pretty nervous for it! i need to start swimming more to get ready. I went to school in baltimore (loyola) and used their pool alot but now that i graduated I am a bit stuck. ill figure out something! also i see that you are a Kinesiology- i just started physician assistant school in PA school- there are a lot of people in my class who majored in Kinesiology. maybe consider that? good career...especially for women! may not be a bad idea to look into it. on another note. ill be using insanity the way you do as well- just going to put it into my training rather than follow that 60 day thing. its kicking my buttocks!

    ReplyDelete