Monday, June 20, 2011

A Great Monday Run

I set out today to run 3 miles in preparation for my 5K this weekend. I ran the whole thing, focused on hills, and even through in a few sprints. I felt great the whole time and wanted to keep going. I would have but I don't want to be too tired or sore for this weekend.

After today's run I am so glad that I switched to doing the 5K instead of the sprint triathlon. I am planning on doing the Keystone State Sprint Triathlon August 27 so I still am in triathlon training mode though. I want to focus on sticking to my plan better, adding strength workouts, and focusing on hills on the bike. I am also thinking about investing in a tri suit. I will prob be okay to just do the race in what I have though.

Even though it is in October, I am getting so excited for the Baltimore Half Marathon. I have never done a race that long or one that large either. The 5K this weekend will be around 3,000 people, and the half marathon will be around 10,000 people. The largest race I have done so far is around 1,000 people. I like big crowds and can't wait to do some larger races :)

1 comment :