Sunday, September 9, 2012

NYCM Training Week 2

Monday:
I started the week off the best way I know how with a 5 mile track run. It was a glorious run in a torrential downpour where I set some personal records. It was nice to do a shorter track run and be able to push harder on each interval. I normally plan on lifting after my track runs but took the week off from lifting because of some weird pain I was having in my left hip/hamstring/back.

Tuesday:
Tuesday was when things started going downhill though. I was tired and opted to sleep in instead of go for my run. I figured I would just do it in the afternoon but before I knew it I was busy and didn't run at all. Unfortunately Tuesday was a rest day.

Wednesday:
I finally got my bike set up on the trainer so I was able to squeeze in a short ride after class. It was such a difference to be stuck inside on a trainer then being outside riding out on the road in nature. I was hoping to ride for an hour but I got bored and called it a day after riding for 40 minutes.

Thursday:
I was lazy again Thursday morning and chose sleeping in over running. I ended up going for a run in the middle of the day when it was 90 degrees out. I didn't realize it was so hot out and didn't bring water with me. Needless to say it was a pretty miserable 4.5 mile run.

Friday:
I went home Friday morning so I was able to run on my favorite trail near my house. I went out for a 4 mile run but only made it three miles before I had some major GI issues. I resorted to walking very slowly for the last mile but regardless it was a pretty good run.

Saturday:
Saturday was supposed to be long run day but I had this weird pain on my inner thigh when I started running so I bagged the run. I went home and did the recumbent bike for an hour. I decided once my leg started hurting to just go ahead and make this week a rest week. Most of my runs this week were cut short or eliminated in general so I figured to refigure my training plan.

Sunday:
I thought about doing a trainer ride on Sunday but ended up making it another rest day. I think rest weeks are really important mentally but I didn't get the mental rest this week so I took advantage of that on Sunday.

Weekly Totals
  • Running: 12.2 miles
  • Biking: 1 hr 40 min
  • Yoga: 55 min
  • Total hours: 4 hours 36 mn

No comments :

Post a Comment