Thursday, May 5, 2011

No Breathing

So today I ran somewhere between 2.65 miles and 3 miles. I am not sure how far I went because I forgot to start my garmin until a few minutes into my run. I was supposed to run 2.75 miles today which I know I did so that is all that really matters. I didn't stop to walk at all today (woohoo!) even though I had a pretty bad side stitch. I don't know if it was from not eating anything besides a yogurt this morning, not having enough to drink today, or wearing a sports bra that was way too tight. I struggled throughout the entire run trying to get enough oxygen. It was a pretty bad feeling but despite that I pushed through and didn't stop early and even ran faster than I normally do. I was really proud of myself for not quitting. I am the person who used to give up when things got too hard and say that I couldn't do it because I felt too much pressure. Well right now I am running for myself and nobody else. I don't care how fast or slow I am going as long as I am going somewhere. I am doing this for me, to make me stronger, healthier, and a better, happier person

1 comment :

  1. that is the BEST way to run...for yourself and nobody else! What a great run! I am proud of you as well!

    ReplyDelete