Monday, May 16, 2011

First Swim

Today I went swimming. For the second time in six months. I was so happy to be back in the pool doing what I love. I didn't do too much since I only had about 30 min before I had to go to the doctor but I made the most of those 30 min. I did a lot of pulling with the buoy, with some easy kicking and butterfly drills mixed in. I was surprised with how well my butterfly felt. As of right now, based on my 100's free pulling, I think I should be able to do the triathlon swim leg in under 7:00 minutes. This time would put me first by around 30 seconds. I know that I am a strong swimmer but I don't want to put down a time that is too fast. My fastest 100 free pulling was 1:19. If I hold a 1:20 pace I would finish the 500 in 6:40. Even if I overestimated on my pace I should still be able to do it in under 7:00.

I still want to do some yoga today, and I am not sure if I am going out for a run today or not. I want to start training for my triathlon but I also want to let me legs rest and recover from my 5K on Saturday.This week is going to be very difficult for me to get all my workouts in because it is supposed to rain everyday and I hate working out in the rain. My goal for the week is to embrace the rain and think of it as a free cooling off system.

No comments :

Post a Comment