Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Very Hot Run

Todays workout consisted of a 2.88 mile run. I honestly don't even remember my pace because it was so awful. It was around 80 degrees outside during my run and the sun was shining in full force. It was a beautiful day but pretty darn hot. This run marks that longest training run that I have done since I started running. (When I was swimming during my freshmen year of high school we used to run 5-6 miles every Saturday. It was equal to death.) I took a somewhat different path that I normally do, which proved to be very refreshing. I didn't get to run yesterday since I was out shoe shopping for the wedding coming up. When I got home it was storming so I decided to just go out today instead. No biggie. The only problem is that I am supposed to bike 10 miles tonight but by the time Callen comes up it will probably be storming again and I really wanted to go riding with him. We decided on going out tomorrow morning for a ride but who knows if that will actually happen.

Now I am not sure the reason why but my calves were verrry tight during my run today. I tried new sunscreen which could have been the reason (I am allergic to most), or it could just be that I am tight from last weeks workouts. I am not sure but I really hope my legs feel better tomorrow. I really don't like feeling slow, hot, and tight all at once when I am hardly running any miles right now. I am doing a bunch of different stretches with hopes of loosening up my legs some. I'll let you guys know how everything is tomorrow.

2 comments :

  1. hope your legs are feeling better tomorrow! so it definitely feels hot out today here as well...I am about to take my lil pup out for a jog. She thinks it is going to be fun but I know she is going to be dramatic fast about the heat. its definitely not anywhere close to 80 degrees though...haha. if only she knew ;) have a good night :)

    awesome job on your run!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE running in the heat. I am praying for your little legs to feel better!! YAY for more yoga in your life goal for May!!!!

    ReplyDelete