Friday, January 3, 2014

My Big Hairy Audacious Goals for 2014

So much of 2013 was trying new things and enjoying where life took me. I started the year chasing a big half marathon PR before transitioning to falling head over heels in love with everything triathlon. I thought my big goals for 2013 would be running related so I didn't set many triathlon goals. I trained hard and raced hard and had fun. 2014 is all about triathlon. I want to train with direction and with goals in mind.

Sometimes when I'm setting goals I choose ones that I know I will achieve. I don't like failure, as I don't think anybody does. My life goal for this next year is to get out of my comfort zone, look fear in the eye and risk failure. Triathlon has become such a big part of so it's only fitting that I set goals that meet these standards when it comes to racing. I've been doing a lot of thinking over the past few months what I want for myself and my life over the next few years as well as what will challenge me to become the best person and athlete I can be.

So these are my big hairy audacious goals for 2014.


I am excited, terrified, and ready to get to work!

9 comments :

  1. Awesome! Good for you for laying it out there and going after it. Which races have you chosen for the Oly and half IM?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Columbia & possibly AG nationals for the Oly and probably Rev3 Poconos for the 70.3. Any recommendations for other races I should do?

      Delete
  2. Yay, I love your goals. I know you are going to kick some booty! I look forward to following your training and crushing your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough :) Awesome goals! I'm excited to follow your progress and watch you crush 'em :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your goals and know that you can do it! I seriously think you should come do Musselman 70.3 with me. No joke lady.. its a great race and we both want sub 6 and well I could chase you on the swim and the bike and try and catch up on the run!

    P.S. congrats on the AG nationals email, super proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I'm going to do a 70.3 in September because I don't do well in the heat. AT ALL. Plus if I go to nationals they would be too close together

      Delete
  5. Love this and goodluck with your Goals! :)

    ReplyDelete