Friday, May 6, 2011

First Bike Ride

Even though I got my new bike last weekend I have yet to take it out for a ride because I am not quite sure where to go yet. My neighborhood isn't very big and I don't want to do laps around it but I am quite nervous to bike next to cars on a main road. I want to find a road that isn't too heavily driven and that doesn't take me into the city. I also don't want to get lost. All of the roads I know around here are pretty busy roads so I am really scared to bike them. I also need to do some hill work because the bike portion of the sprint triathlon I am doing in June is apparently pretty hilly. Callen and I are going to bike part of the course tomorrow since he said it isn't a bad course. I am fine with going biking with Callen since he knows what he is doing and I do not. I also plan on going biking with my dad on the trail on Sunday. I love biking on the trail but it is gravel and not paved and I want to get some practice biking on the road. Plus the trail is extremely flat and I really need to do some hills. I will report back with how these two rides go this weekend. I hope everybody has a lovely weekend!

2 comments :

  1. Good luck on your bike rides this weekend, have fun!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck on your rides! I need to find someone to teach me to know what to do as well...I would love to take up biking!!

    ReplyDelete