Friday, February 13, 2015

Swim Set of the Week: Feb. 9-15

Follow my blog with Bloglovin Another week, another swim set. I did this on Monday with absolutely no expectations. My swimming has been so up and down this year and thankfully this was one of the good ones. My goal moving forward is to get out of my comfort zone. My crutch in the pool is my pull buoy so I'm trying to get away from using it so much. The only way to make progress is to really push myself and stop acting so scared. At this point in the season I am measuring my swims based on how I feel rather than my times but fortunately I swam fast and felt strong and in control. Double win for Shannon!


So here's the workout. As always, modify intervals accordingly.

Warm Up
200 swim, 200 kick, 200 drill, 200 pull

Pre-Main Set
6 x 50 pull @ :50

Main Set
8 x 150 @ 2:30
Swum as 25 easy, 50 hard, 25 easy, 50 hard
I averaged 1:50-1:54 on these

Post-Main Set
6 x 50 easy @ :50

Cool Down
200 easy, mix of swim and kick

Happy swimming!

No comments :

Post a Comment