Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Rev3 Poconos 70.3 Training Week 2

Week two went pretty well if I do say so myself. I love weeks like this that remind me why I train for triathlons. There were quite a few times when I didn't want to go work out but as soon as I started I was glad I did. Case in point, Sunday's long bike ride. I had been nervous about this ride all week and quite frankly was dreading it. It was pretty windy out and my legs were less than fresh so I was expecting this to be a strugglefest. Instead I had one of the best rides I've ever had. I relaxed and everything fell into place.


What I still need to work on is my nutrition. In the past I more or less ate whatever I wanted with the occasional night of binge eating pita chips. I finally decided it was time to make a change when I was barely sleeping and waking up feeling bloated every morning. I also knew that if I was going to have a real shot at going after my lofty goals I was going to have to fuel my body properly.

My nutrition throughout the week was pretty spot on and I never felt under or overfueled on any workouts. Unfortunately I didn't exactly nail my long ride fueling and was left with a nice coating of salt all over my face. Yesterday I went to REI and stocked up on some new fueling goodies and salt caps for this week's ride. All in all though things went pretty well.


Monday- 2600 yd swim, strength
Tuesday- yoga, 6.31 miles track
Wednesday- 26.08 miles biking
Thursday- 2700 yd swim
Friday- rest
Saturday- 6.4 mile run, strength
Sunday- 35.46 miles biking

5300 yards swimming
61.54 miles biking
12.71 miles running
10 hrs 09 min total

2 comments :

  1. Great training week! How many weeks is your plan? Poconos must mean some hill I imagine =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to hug the world when workouts seem to fall into place...nice week, girl!

    ReplyDelete