Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Rev3 Poconos 70.3 Training Week 1

I debated whether or not I wanted to share my training for my upcoming half ironman but ultimately I decided to because reading other people's is what convinced me I could do one.

Week one wasn't perfect and I'm sure most weeks won't be perfect. The important thing for me is getting in quality work and consistency. Heading into triathlon season I am ahead with my swimming and biking compared to last year but my running is behind, which will likely influence my training over the next few weeks.


Monday- rest
Tuesday- 50 min strength
Wednesday- 2400 yd swim, 5.46 miles track
Thursday- 55 min yoga, 30 min core
Friday- 6 mile run, 50 min strength
Saturday- 30 min core
Sunday- 2.11 mile run, 9.82 miles bike (reverse mini-brick)


Like I said, this week wasn't perfect but I still got in some good workouts. Wednesday's track workout and Friday's easy run were both great, but then Sunday's attempt at a double brick was a disaster. I'm trying to be smart about my training so when my legs were struggling to finish one lap of a normally moderate route I knew I needed to make some changes. This week is all about better nutrition and more sleep.

2400 yards swimming

9.82 miles biking
13.57 miles running
7 hrs 12 minutes total

4 comments :

  1. Good Luck/Good Times with you 70.3 training! Beautiful place for your 1st too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice first week of training, you will get into an awesome groove and you are smart for doing what you need to lady! Head up, cannot wait to follow along with your training this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're off to a good start to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great first week! Looking forward to following your training and watching you rock your first 70.3!

    ReplyDelete