Monday, March 10, 2014

Columbia Triathlon Training Week 3

Week 3 was a pretty nonexistent week for me. The week started off with a snow and ice storm that derailed all my workouts. I put in a solid day of work on Wednesday but that was about all I did. I wish I could say I had a good excuse but I was just lazy.

Yesterday marked the beginning of a four week build to really get into racing shape. The Columbia Triathlon is a little less than ten weeks away which means it's time to start adding in some more biking and bricks. My swimming is going really well and I am confident that I will be able to put up a strong swim, but I am a little nervous for both the bike and the run. I have done minimal biking so far this year because it's been too cold outside and I despise the trainer. Lame excuse but I would rather enjoy my training and being on the trainer makes me all sorts of ragey.

I've been making progress with my running but my paces are still a long ways away from those of last season. I'm trying to put my focus on just making progress and keeping the big picture in mind. The Columbia Triathlon is not an A race for me so as much as I would love to PR there it isn't a need to get worked up about it. What's more important to me is running a strong race and having a solid performance.

What have you been up to this week?

1 comment :

  1. I think sometimes those down weeks happen right where they need to. Had a lower week last week so you can hopefully get some solid workouts in this week. Your swim is obviously solid, as for Bike and run... you'll get there. I think once we shake this damn weather you'' see drastic improvements fast.

    ReplyDelete