Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Keystone State Tri Training Week 3

Last week was a much needed vacation week for me. I went to the beach with my family and my boyfriend and spent the whole time relaxing and enjoying some time off. I was able to squeeze in a few workouts though.

Monday:
I started the week off with an open water swim in the bay. I wasn't expecting the salt water to burn my throat so much and the water was fairly choppy. I felt really good in the water though and didn't panic at all. I had high hopes of doing a few open water swims during the week but low tide got the best of me.

Tuesday:
My boyfriend & I went kayaking in the bay behind our house and really enjoyed the nature in Chincoteague. Afterwards we headed out for a run but I twisted my ankle which made my knee hurt. I decided not to push it and did an Insanity workout with my sister.

Wednesday:
My sister, her boyfriend, & I woke up early to go to beach yoga. It wasn't the best yoga class I've ever gone to but the idea was really nice. It was a great way to start the day off.

Thursday:
After a long day out in the sun I had to force myself to go out for my long run. I ran right along the water though which made it so much more enjoyable. I did three miles warm up, 3 miles at half marathon pace, and then two miles warm down. The wind was really strong during the first hard mile but then it settled down. I ran the half marathon pace miles in 9:28, 9:00, 8:19. Not exactly consistent but still solid paces.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday:
Rest. The beach was far better than working out.

Weekly Totals

  • Swimming: 900 meters
  • Running: 11 miles
  • Kayaking: 40 min
  • Insanity: 20 min
  • Yoga: 45 min
  • Total hours: 3 hours 54 min


1 comment :

  1. Sounds like fun! I love kayaking wish there was more open water around where I live! Glad you got to enjoy a vacation!

    ReplyDelete