Monday, August 13, 2012

Keystone State Tri Training Week 4

Monday:
Even though the week before was vacation I was still really tired on Monday morning and opted to sleep in instead. I then hit the track for my longest track workout yet! I did 3x 800 hard, 400 recovery, followed by 3x 400 sprint, 800 recovery.

Tuesday:
Tuesday morning I went to my usual yoga class, which felt amazing after Monday's track workout. It really is amazing how much a little stretching can do for the body. Later in the day I went up to Pinchot to ride a loop of the tri course, followed by a 2 mile brick on the trails. Despite my legs being tired I saw a lot of improvement on this ride.

Wednesday:
The plan was to do 2 loops at Pinchot this time but heat exhaustion got the better of me. I called it quits for the day only 10 minutes into my ride due to dizziness and nausea. At night I went to the gym and lifted after hydrating like crazy.

Thursday:
I went down to my boyfriend's house on Wednesday night and we didn't wake up until around noon. Then we hung out for awhile and I lost all motivation to workout. Not thrilled about it, but it was a rest day.

Friday:
By Friday morning I knew I was doing the race on Saturday but wanted to get in a quick shakeout run to loosen up my legs. I did 2 miles of easy hills near my house and felt great. Then I went to the gym for some strength training.

Saturday:
Race day! I ran my first 15K through the tortuous rolling hills of Druid Park.

Sunday:
My IT band felt tight after the race so I rested so as not to aggravate it any more.

Weekly Totals
  • Biking: 9.6 miles
  • Running: 18.8 miles
  • Strength: 1 hr 25 min
  • Yoga: 60 min
  • Total hours: 6 hours 16 min

No comments :

Post a Comment