Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Getting Back Into the Groove

Despite my recent struggles with sticking with my half marathon training I have been running more regularly lately. On Sunday I was hoping to get in 8 miles but with the knee pain I was having I only managed to bang out 6 miles. I was able to keep a decent pace of 10:20 though, considering this was the longest I had run in about a month.

However, I didn't let this set back keep me down for long. On Monday I went out for a run with the running club. I was really hoping to love this club but that was not the case. The group ended up being waaay too fast for me, and they ran on a very rocky mountain biking trail. Despite all that, I still managed to get in 4 hilly miles.

Light night I did my first yoga class in over a year. It was so wonderful and really helped stretch out my sore body from the trail run. The class was a mix of yoga and pilates and I was loving the variety of exercises we did.

Tonight I did an easy 3 mile hill run around my apartment complex and around campus. I really enjoyed this run, except for all the hills. My pace was slower than normal due to trying to figure out where was safe to run nearby, but overall it was a good run.

Tomorrow I am going to do my long run of 9 miles!

1 comment :

  1. good job on sticking with your training. it is so tough to stick with it once school/work/etc get started back up! good luck with your 9!

    ReplyDelete