Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Rev3 Poconos 70.3 Training Week 8

And just like that I am over halfway through my training cycle for my first half ironman. Its crazy how fast time is flying for me. I thought being out of school would leave me with more time for things like blogging and reading books but I still haven't finished the book I started back in May. Since I've never trained for a half ironman I can't really say how things are going, I can only say that I feel good. I've had some solid weeks of training and each week can see myself getting stronger and faster. I've had a few slip-ups along the way but no training cycle is ever perfect.


I was at the beach with my family this past week so my training was not ideal. I did what I could while also trying to relax and spend as much time with my family as possible. Since losing my dad I have tried to put extra importance on spending time with the people I love. Training will always be there but I can't say the same for people, even if that only means they move away.

Monday- 21.52 miles biking, 5.43 mile run
Tuesday- rest
Wednesday- 4.6 mile run
Thursday- 23.29 miles biking
Friday- 7.1 mile run [2 x 15 min @ 10k pace]
Saturday- rest
Sunday- 23.11 miles biking

67.92 miles biking
17.13 miles running


With nationals two and a half weeks away my immediate focus is on getting in some more quality workouts before I start my taper. While I have been doing longer rides my runs haven't been where they should for 70.3 training. Since nationals is an olympic distance triathlon my primary focus is on speed and intensity and afterwards I will switch to more endurance leading into Rev3 Poconos.

1 comment :

  1. I'm very impressed with your training considering you were on vacation!!

    ReplyDelete