Saturday, July 25, 2015

Here We Go!


My mom and I got to Lake Placid Thursday afternoon, and we have been having a blast since we arrived. Everywhere you look there are athletes swimming, biking or running. I'm having a hard time not going out and doing more because the atmosphere here is so infectious. I was able to check out the course some yesterday and boy is it beautiful. During my shakeout ride I had to force myself to turn around and head back because I just wanted to keep riding. I'll take that as a good sign.


In a little we're heading over to the athlete village to check in my bike and gear bags, and then the rest of the day is all about staying off my feet and taking it easy. If you want to track me I'm bib #801.


See ya on the other side of 140.6!


1 comment :

  1. Sending big cheers today! Have a fantastic + fun race, Shannon! It goes by SO fast, so soak up every second – even the ones that hurt – and remember to smile :) You got this!

    ReplyDelete