Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Currently - May 2015

It's been too long since I've done an update here.  I always enjoy reading this type of post from others so I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and do one myself.

Family photo from Mother's Day

Reading...
Anything by Brene Brown. Back in March a mentor of mine recommended Brown's work and I'm so glad I checked her stuff out. So far I have read Daring Greatly and The Gifts of Imperfection. I'm about to start reading I Thought It Was Just Me and am excited to see what gems of wisdom and inspiration are sprinkled throughout this book. Also, I'm on a serious reading kick this year so send me any and all book recommendations!

Feeling...
All of the emotions. Since graduating in December things have been pretty boring around here. I wanted to have a few months of downtime before starting grad school but I've been pretty bored lately. I feel like I go back and forth between being super excited about moving in a few months to absolutely terrified. My friends keep telling me this is normal and that they experienced the same thing when making a big change. I'm trying to trust that everything will work out in the end.

Watching...
Grey's Anatomy. So I'm only like ten years late to the party, but I have recently become obsessed with this show. Lifetime airs old episodes in the afternoons that I've been recording and watching during trainer workouts. Something about this show leaves me inspired to go after all those crazy dreams I have swirling around my head.

Dreaming of...
Getting my career started. I am so truly excited to be going to grad school but right now there are also so many uncertainties. Philadelphia has a lot of incredible opportunities that I plan on taking advantage of but I think because I'm still not completely sure what I want to do I feel overwhelmed with where to start. I've been thinking a lot about what careers get my heart pumping because I am so passionate and excited about them.

Training for...
If you've been around here for a hot minute you know that I am training for my first ironman. Lake Placid quickly approaching, which is both exciting and terrifying. Instead of letting the magnitude of this event get to me, I am focusing on putting in the work day after day. I also have two shorter races coming up shortly that I am giving some attention to. Truthfully, this deserves more than a little paragraph so tune in next week for a training update.

No comments :

Post a Comment