Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Butternut Squash Fall Salad

I made this salad earlier in the week and absolutely loved it. The apple and pomegranate seeds really offset the warmth and fall flavors of the squash and lentils. After being asked about this recipe a few times I decided to go ahead and share it. Let me know what you think!


Ingredients

1/2 cup cooked lentils (I used a precooked package from Wegmans)
1/2 Granny Smith apple (chopped)
1/4 cup Pomegranate seeds
1 cup butternut squash (I used a precut container from Wegmans)
Parsley as desired
Cracked pepper as desired
Lemon juice as desired
2-3 handfuls of spinach

Directions

1. Toss butternut squash with olive oil and cracked pepper
2. Bake butternut squash at 400 degrees until soft (about 30 min)
3. While squash is baking, prepare other ingredients
4. Toss all ingredients in a large bowl & mix
5. Enjoy

1 comment :

  1. Butternut squash is my favorite! And, I just picked up a couple pomegranates… so making this! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete